This post is part of a series on Creating Change 2013 in Atlanta.
As the conference drew to a close and we bid Atlanta farewell, people packed up their finest fashions and headed home. Sunday is usually the least eventful day of a conference, and Creating Change was no exception. Exhausted from the long weekend, I opted for comfy casual chic, as many other attendees did.
- Top: Asos Curve yellow pussy bow top with black heart print, size 20, $34.99
- Skirt: Torrid black pencil skirt with lace trim, size 28, $17.49
- Jacket: Vintage khaki swing coat, no tag, thrifted
- Leggings: Forever 21+ basic legging in black, size 3x, $6.90
- Boots: Forever 21+ burgundy over-the-knee boots, size 12, $24.80
- Glasses: EyeBuyDirect.com Rock! Peggy cat eye frames in black, $55
The weather in Atlanta was fairly mild, so this light khaki swing coat was perfect to keep me warm while looking stylish. I thrifted it for a couple bucks on half-off day at one of the shops in my neighborhood. At first, I wasn’t completely sold on this jacket — after all, khaki isn’t really my color — but this classic coat is a perfect transition piece for spring and fall. Love. It.
I really like these burgundy boots, but they wouldn’t stay up. I often have this problem with boots — in order to get the right fit for my foot, the leg of the boot is huge and falls down. It’s really not cute. So, I added holes to the back of these boots and laced them up with some ribbon to keep them in place.
Also, I ran into mistress of ceremonies Kate Clinton in the lobby:
This post is part of a series on Creating Change 2013 in Atlanta. Posts on Plump Pinup Life & Style focus on capturing fashion and queer culture, while posts on Stuff Queer People Need To Know focus on decimating knowledge from the workshops.
Follow me on Instagram for my latest raw photos from the wild.Follow @queerknowledge