I was lucky enough to attend the January edition of QUEER AMP, a music performance night dedicated to the LGBT Community. Hosted by Quenchers Saloon every second Thursday of the month, QUEER AMP showcases some of the best local LGBT artists in Chicago. January featured band performances by The Recruitment, Swimsuit Addition, and The Moses Gun.
I was there with some awesome friends, and we were all wearing some awesome clothes:
I love mixing bold colors and prints unexpectedly, so donned a pink and green polka dot ensemble. I’m kinda like the femme Tim Gunn, and I always make it work.
- Top: Torrid hot pink shell with jeweled neckline, size 2x, from many years ago
- Sweater: Target kelly green cardigan with white polka dots, size XXL, $9.99
- Bottom: Torrid Black with white polka dots pencil skirt, size 28, from many years ago
- Leggings: Torrid hot pink leggings, size 2x, from many years ago
- Footwear: Torrid black boots, size 12, from many years ago
- Sweater guard: Vintage
- Headwear: Hobby lobby green bandana
- Glasses: Zenni Optical black cateye frames, $25.95 with single vision lenses (my pair has 1.59 polycarbonate progression no-line multifocal lenses for an additional $39.99, because bifocals cost an arm and a leg)
Through some creative fiscal phanagling, I recently acquired an iPhone. I got my first smart phone about a year ago, and the cheapie Droid I had just wasn’t cutting it. I couldn’t effectively manage my work and life with that phone, so I finally upgraded. And I got this adorable 3-D Hello Kitty iPhone case in pink and green:
I’ve gotten quite a few reactions to my new Hello Kitty phone, and they are fairly polarized: Everyone pretty much agrees it’s ridiculous, but they’re split on whether it’s ridiculously awesome or ridiculously too much. I’m a maximalist who thinks there’s no such thing as “too much.” More is more, people.
Anyway, the night wasn’t all about my new phone or my rockin’ outfit — some bands played, too. Here are some photos of them:
Follow me on Instagram for my latest raw photos from the wild.Follow @queerknowledge